Standing Rock Cultural Arts presents: Bamboozle!
-A Multi-Discipline Theatre Workshop for Young Performers
July 16-August 7. Thursdays and Fridays, 1-5pm. 4 Consecutive weeks.
-Students may take all or just part of the classes
- at theNorth Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Downtown Kent
MAXIMUM STUDENTS: 15
FEE: $30 covers all classes. Scholarships available for low income students.
MATERIALS REQUIRED: Students are encouraged to bring stories or plays
their choice from which to choose 3 monologues. Students should bring
GOAL: To develop a student’s theatrical and public speaking skills
1. To develop voice and movement skills
2. To use improvisational games to develop acting skills
3. To memorize and recite 3 monologues
4. To provide an overview of costumes and costume design
5. To provide an opportunity for students to build a musical instrument.
6. To study the art of storytelling: Plot, Character, Conflict, Climax,
DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULE:
1-2pm: Improv Games
2-3pm: Costume Design and/or Instrument Building
3-4pm: Storytelling and Monologues
4-5pm: Voice and Movement
Students recite 3 monologues. Demonstrate finished costume designs
and/or instruments along with the stories to accompany them.
SIGN UP CONTACT: 330-673-4970
Jeff Ingram: New World Children’s Theatre Founder and Director,
Amelea Canaris: Costume Design
Ruben Ryan: Improv Games
Anton Vogel: Instrument Making
Jeff St. Clair: Acting/Movement Coach
Other Guest Instructors TBA
Standing Rock Cultural Arts would like to express deep gratitude to The
Dubois Family Foundation for their ongoing support of our children’s
Standing Rock Cultural Arts is a 501(c)(3) organization. We are always
looking for sponsors to help cover expenses for our art and educational
activities. Donations are tax deductible.
Checks payable to:
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240